Baggage Door Parts Prepped

I got the baggage door parts ready for priming today.

After reading through the plans, I decided to do the hinge drilling in a different order as I felt that I would have better odds of getting everything aligned.

I had previously made some adjustments to the frame with fluting pliers to allow the door to sit flush with the opening.

I decided to install the hinge more flush to the skin than called for in the plans and I modified the hinge to allow the pins to be removed after assembly (as others have done). I’ll take pictures of the final setup once it is assembled and installed.

The final fit came out really nice and hopefully that will hold after priming and riveting.

I then deburred and dimpled the parts and got them ready for priming.