I decided to upsize the steps bolts to AN4 and the hardware arrived this past week. I finished up the steps today and got them permanently installed.
I had previously prepped and primed the steps.
I made a jig to set the step sweep angle.
I decided to install the bolts on an angle such that the bolt would be possible to remove in the future via an access panel.
I 3d printed a drill guide to make sure I had enough clearance and I drilled the pilot hole using a bushing.
I then drilled to 15/64 and finished the hole with an .247 reamer. That gave me a nice clean hole with no play in the bolt which will hopefully keep the steps nice and tight in the future.
I treated the inside of the step tubes (and the step brackets) with Corrosion X and installed TCW step bushings to avoid deformation of the tube when torquing the bolts.
The steps came out rock solid and will hopefully stay that way.
Another section completed!