I spent the afternoon continuing to trim the cabin top. Sand, test fit, sand again until finally we were able to get the canopy into the top of the opening at the door sills.
Then more sanding to get it to slide down further. It went on and off another handful of times to get this much further.
Then are then other points that start to touch and those were shaped to fit.
Notches were made for the door sill flanges and the corners were rounded.
There was then a lot of sanding along the sill to get the canopy low enough to align along the aft side skin. I’m still not quite there on the latest attempt but after taking it on and off at least 10 times today I decided to save that for part 3 🙂.
Continuing to look more like an airplane!