I bent the fuel sender arms per the measurements in the plans and test-fit them into the quick-build tanks.
The fuel vent line in the left tank wasn’t bent precisely like the right tank and it left minimal clearance for the float. I increased the bend in the vent line by using a PVC pipe through the sender hole.
I attached a hose to the vent line and I partially filled it with water (with the tank upright) to test the internal vent fittings for leaks. Others have reported leaks here in quick-build tanks that are not evident until fuel starts seeping out the vent with full tanks. This would be challenging to tighten at that point so I wanted to confirm that there were no obvious issues before sealing up the tanks. Both fittings remained dry during testing.
I then mixed up proseal and attached the fuel bungs and stock Van’s senders. I used sealed blind rivets for the fuel bungs (instead of the sheet metal screws provided with the bungs).
I used a syringe to apply the proseal which helped limit the mess.
I then double-checked the clearance of the floats with a borescope before leaving the proseal to cure.
The floats moved through the full range of motion on both tanks.
I measured the resistance range with a multimeter, resulting in the following values.
|Left Tank||Right Tank|
|Full||34.6 Ω||30.5 Ω|
|Empty||247.7 Ω||241.8 Ω|
|Delta||212.1 Ω||211.3 Ω|