I have decided that it is time to get the cabin top fitted. That will let me get a better handle on how the final parts of the fuselage will fit together. I also want to be able to do the interior paint before getting too many other systems final-installed.
I measured and marked new scribe lines and wheeled the cabin top out onto the driveway to start trimming. I had the best success with an angle grinder and a cut-off wheel. It made a dusty mess but thankfully I was able to do it outside and keep the dust out of the garage. My goal is to get a lot of the fiberglass work done this summer before colder weather sets in. My engine should be ready the following spring so I want to be ready for that when it arrives.
I rough cut the top and then started sanding the edges down with a belt sander. There is a lot of material that needs to be removed but I’m closing in on it. It started to rain so I pulled it inside to continue another day.